Register by 12th July
About the Organisation:
Team Attorneylex is a Student-run organisation, it is an online platform for law students where they can contribute their legal knowledge and get recognized for their contribution. We aim to guide law students in their legal research, content writing, case analysis, read or understand the judgments passed by the courts, etc. because we believe that these things are an essential part of the legal profession.
In this epoch of information explosion, it has become really difficult to rely on the content available online because of various reasons sometimes it is the authenticity of the content itself, the language of content, wrong citations etc. But we are here to ensure quality content for you, written by experienced writers, checked by professionals. This is a website with a mission to provide legal reporting more accurate, transparent and accessible to everyone.
Along with the other activities the endeavour is to deliver legal help to the sectors of society that are unable to access existing legal services due to illiteracy and poor economic conditions.
About the Competition:
The objective of this competition is to promote the importance of the latest landmark judgment passed by the Supreme Court of India. This competition will enable the participants to know that how these latest judgments have changed the overall course of justice. The Supreme Court landmark judgments provided as the theme of the Competition would not only enrich the academic experience but also provide knowledge about the practical aspect of the professional legal world. This Case Comment Writing Competition seeks to promote original thoughts, and analysis amongst students, researchers, academicians and legal practitioners.
- Open to All.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, college or university are eligible to participate in this competition.
List of Cases for Case Comment Writing ( Choose any one)
- Shatrughan Chauhan & Anr v. Union of Indian [Death Penalty and Mercy Petition 2014]
- Abhilasha v. Parkash [2020 SCC OnLine SC 736] (maintenance under Section 125 CrPC)
- Vishaka and others v State of Rajasthan (Sexual Harassment of a woman at her workplace)
- State of Karnataka v. State of Tamil Nadu [Cauvery Dispute]
- A.K Gopalan vs. State of Madras, 1950 [ Habeas Corpus ]
- Central Public Information Officer, Supreme Court v. Subash Chandra Agarwal [CJI Office comes under RTI Act 2020]
- The Secretary, Ministry of Defence v. Babita Puniya & Ors [Gender Equality in Armed Forces 2020]
- Dheeraj Mor v. Hon’ble High Court of Delhi [Judicial Services 2020]
- Amit Sahni v. Commissioner of Police, [2020 SCC OnLine SC 808] ( Shaheen Bagh Protests)
- Indra Sawhney& Others vs. Union of India & Others
- Dr. Shah Faesal & Ors. v. Union of India & Ors. [2020 4 SCC 1] ( Article 370 )
- Pandurang Ganpati v. Vishwasrao Patil Murgud Sahakari Bank Ltd [2020 SCC OnLine SC 431] (SARFAESI Act )
- Chebrolu Leela Prasad Rao & Ors. v.State of A.P. & Ors. [2020 SCC OnLine SC 383] (100% reservation for tribal teachers)
- Swapnil Tripathi & Ors. v. Supreme Court of India & Ors. [Verdict on Live-streaming Apex Court Proceeding]
- Justice K S Puttaswamy and Anr. v. Union of India and Ors., (2017) 10 SCC 1 (Validity of Aadhaar Judgment passed on 26th September 2018)
- SR Bommai vs. Union of India in 1994 (Article 356)
- Shayara Bano v. Union of India and Ors. (2017) 9 SCC 1
- Independent Though v. Union of India and Anr. (2017) 10 SCC 800
- Mukesh & Anr. v. State (NCT of Delhi) & Ors. (2017) 6 SCC 1
- Joseph Shine Vs. Union of India
- The case comment should preferably include the following elements: Synopsis, background, facts of the case, issues, contentions, findings, reasoning, disposition, critical analysis, conclusion.
- The submission must be original.
- Submission must be in English Language only.
- It should be submitted in Word/ Docs document format only.
- Word Limit: 1200-2400 words excluding citations.
- Plagiarism limit: 25%.
- Co-authorship is permitted( Max. 2 Authors)
- Formatting Details:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Title: Font Size – 14, Bold, Underlined, Capital
- Headings: Font Size – 14, Bold, Capital
- Content: Font Size – 12
- Alignment: Justified
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- All submissions shall be made to [email protected] with a subject – “Submission: National Case Comment Writing Competition”.
Note: The submission shall also be accompanied by another Word document consisting of a Cover Letter mentioning the Name of the Author/s; Name of the Institution/College/University; Designation; Year of Study (if applicable); Email ID.
Marks Shall be allotted based on:
- Understanding of the Facts of the Case (Topic chosen)
- Analysis and Conclusion
- Presentation and Creativity
- Compliance & Strict Adherence to formatting and submission guidelines
Important Dates and Timing:
- Last Date of Registration: 12 July 2021
- Last Date of Submission: 14 July 2021, 11:59
- Declaration of Results: 20 July 2021
- Winner: Cash prize Rs. 2000/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website + Online Internship opportunity with the Team Attorneylex.
- Runner up: Cash prize Rs. 1000/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
- 2nd Runner Up: Cash prize Rs. 500/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
- Top 20 Performers: Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
- E – participation Certificate will be provided to all the participants.
Single Author: Rs. 60/- (Early bird offer Rs. 50, till 1st July)
Two Authors: Rs. 100/- (Early bird offer Rs. 90, till 1st July)
Paytm/ G-pay/Phonepe- 9616696008 (Gaurav yadav)
Bhim UPI- [email protected]
Name- Gaurav Yadav
Bank – HDFC Bank
Account Number- 50100429858721
IFSC Code- HDFC0009157
Click here to register,
If you have any queries feel free to contact
- Vanshika – 07055460463
- Gaurav – 09616696008
- Email- [email protected]